≡ Menu

Jillian

This was left in the comments and I wanted everyone to have the chance to se it and respond. Thanks!

I have a question for everyone… Has anyone else ever developed stretch marks on the top of the vagina, like in the hair? Just curious, because so far, I’m the only one of all of my friends. Please, if you could ask readers or even respond yourself, that would be great. Thanks so much.

in Question
56 comments… add one
  • bonnie Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 7:46 pm

I’m not sure what you mean, exactly, by “top of the vagina” but I do have stretchmarks in my pubic hair region (seriously, it would be a shorter list to say where I don’t have stretchmarks LOL) and so now I have less hair than I did before. Pft.

• Y'en a marre Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 7:57 pm

Not for me, sorry.

• Holly Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 7:58 pm

I have stretch marks from the outside of my vagina to the inner labia! Don’t worry. You’re not unnatural!

• Melissa Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 8:01 pm

Hello! I read your question and wanted to reply. I developed stretch marks there while I was pregnant, they are still there but have faded like my others. Its normal:) It also grows there just like everywhere else!hehehe..Hope this helps…:)

• Meghan Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 8:24 pm

I have some stretch marks that are usually more or less covered by pubic hair. They’re not as obvious as the stretch marks on my belly or breasts, but they’re definitely there.

• Lisa Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 8:45 pm

Im with the previous poster…not as far down as the labia but in my pubic region i have stretch marks..a big baby’s head made those when he dropped and head butted my pubic bone for 3 weeks. Also my pubic area is quite big (we are hairy people) If it’s your lips of your labia I’m not sure I’ve heard of that either.

• Tara Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 9:01 pm

My joke is that I have stretchmarks “from boobs to pubes” LOL. But seriously, I do have several prominent stretch marks under the pubic hair on my mons. You’re not alone. :)

• Carol Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 9:42 pm

Yup. They appeared with number 3. Seems like everything hung lower with number 3 probably why the strech marks ended up near the exit! Just like arrows pointing the way!!

• Caren Story Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 9:55 pm

I dont have stretch marks there….

• Myrrah Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 10:10 pm

wow…my initial response was ‘no’ but i thought i would check, and surely enough the stretch marks from my tummy continue right down through my pubic hair…well amazing what you can find on your own body :)

• Crystal Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 10:34 pm

I think you mean the top of your vulva? Right about your clitoris, on the pubic bone? I do not…but I am a birth doula and have seen it several times on women I’ve supported through labour and birth. You’re not alone!

• Jennifer Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:28 pm

I am the same as Bonnie, in every way :)

• domestic slackstress kim Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 11:53 pm

The closest one I got to there would be my inner right thigh. A deep cut stretch mark formed there in my third pregnancy. Luckily my belly, breast and butt stretch marks have faded over time, after all three of my babies. They look more like silverfish now and less like the blood red remains of a freddy krueger slashing attack.

• Chelsea Thursday, January 11, 2007, 12:22 am

I do! They are so deep that when I got them they bled and my underwear band hurt to wear. They suck and I don’t know anyone else with them either.

• Mardi Thursday, January 11, 2007, 1:11 am

I developed thick purple stretchmarks in my pubic hair, I had my first child at 18 and went from 65kg to 90kg in 4months, the ones on top of my vagina are by far the biggest ones I have ( and I have alot of stretchmarks). 4 children later, the youngest is 3 1/2 years and they are still a very vivid purple. Theses ones will never go a silvery white like the others are supposed to
    Mardi

• Twyla Thursday, January 11, 2007, 5:17 am

Yes, I do. It’s one of the only reason’s I won’t shave completely bald down there. I thought I was the only one…it’s good to know I’m not alone.

• JSS Thursday, January 11, 2007, 6:44 am

I have stretch marks just where the pubic hair begins – if that makes any sense. So like Bonnie I have less hair than I did before. It’s from my first pregnancy which was full term with big healthy twins. So by far that’s not the only place I have stretch marks!

• Hannah Thursday, January 11, 2007, 8:31 am

Well, not there yet but I do have them inside my crack on the other side.

• Amy Thursday, January 11, 2007, 8:38 am

You’re not alone. I have them also.

• bonnie Thursday, January 11, 2007, 8:52 am

Mardi, mine have faded to silver. I have a scar on my write from surgery that stayed purple for five years or so, though, before finally fading, so it is still possible!

• MarieJo Thursday, January 11, 2007, 9:43 am

Yes, I have them too. Alllll the way down… but it doesn’t stop me from shaving there. I like it clean even though it’s not as good looking it used to be ! They are as natural and meaningful then the others…

• Shelagh Thursday, January 11, 2007, 9:43 am

Yep, me too – I’m another ‘boobs to pubes’ person lol.

I got mine with my first child, and one was so big that I could put my thumb in it. In response to Twyla, my youngest is now 9 and I do shave there now because even though its very large its faded so much that you can hardly see it. Yours will probably do the same over time :)

• Anonymous Thursday, January 11, 2007, 10:07 am

Yes, and one is so wide that I can lay my pointer finger in it! I have a few there, and they separate the hair in places!

• deannie Thursday, January 11, 2007, 11:40 am

I have lovely silvery lines from my belly button to the top of the pelvic bone. I keep that hair trimmed and like the way that skin looks.

• Ashlee Thursday, January 11, 2007, 1:26 pm

I have stretch marks there too, as well as on my stomach, boobs, thights, butt and even a few on the back of my calves and tiny ones under my arm. Attractive on a 15 year old mother.

• Kris Thursday, January 11, 2007, 3:25 pm

Yep, I know exactly what you are talking about…I do too. You are most definately NOT alone.

• Jen Thursday, January 11, 2007, 4:32 pm

Yes I do ! THey are faded now, much before the stretch marks on my stomach. They are white and not very noticeable now. I thought I was the only one too !

• Mistie Thursday, January 11, 2007, 4:45 pm

Yes I do, thank you for asking this question, I thought I was the only one, atleast the only one I knew of. I guess its natural, it grows there too when the baby descends.

• autumn Thursday, January 11, 2007, 4:47 pm

i have them all over my pubic hair region. most of them are covered by pubic hair, but if i were to shave it all off the area would look like my stomach. :P

• vlm Thursday, January 11, 2007, 5:04 pm

i also have stretch marks on my mons. i didn’t know i had them until i shaved my pubes 2 yrs after my last child was born. what a surprise! but i don’t mind because i can’t see them. ha!

• Estella Thursday, January 11, 2007, 6:43 pm

The widest and deepest stretch marks I have are in my pubic hair region!

• Rebekah Thursday, January 11, 2007, 8:40 pm

Add me to the ranks of those who have a stretchmark or 2 (or 3, or 4…) in their pubic hair.

I really should post pics for this site!!

You are not alone. (((hugs)))

• Tasha Thursday, January 11, 2007, 8:53 pm

Nope I sure don’t, but it sounds like it’s common from what everyone’s saying. :)

• BC Friday, January 12, 2007, 3:15 pm

Women need to learn the proper terminology about their own bodies. Your vagina is not the same thing as your vulva or your labia.

You are talking about the vulva, or more accurately, the mons pubis.

• Allison Friday, January 12, 2007, 6:45 pm

I got stretch marks in my pubic area as well. I have marks there, two below the ‘gut,’ and the rest are all above the belly button. One day I’ll share pics…

• Brittany Sunday, January 14, 2007, 7:33 am

I have one in the pubic area and A LOT in the bikini area :P it sucks.. but I’m like bonnie, where DONT I have stretch marks :P

• Heather Sunday, January 14, 2007, 9:43 pm

i have them in the pubic hair as well. i don’t shave, just trim, that’s how i noticed them. i thought i was the only one, too.

• Lisa Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 11:09 am

I dont have them but have stretch marks everywhere else, small price to pay, as i have 2 healthy beautiful kids and a man that loves me.

• Trisha Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 8:39 pm

I have them, too. I really hate it because the stretching of that skin has made my pubic hair spread out also and it’s not full and “fluffy” the way it was before pregnancy. *giggles*

• Jillian Thursday, January 18, 2007, 4:31 pm

OMG!!! Thank god that I am not the only one. But, as I said, the only one that I knew of. Thank you sooo much for everyone’s input. As far as the terminology, I know it, it was just late, and after 12 hours of Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology classes plus associated homework, my brain was sufficiently fried! Thanks again!! I love this site. I will post pics soon, as soon as I have 5 minutes to myself in the bathroom!

• Katie Sunday, May 27, 2007, 7:41 am

i have them on the inside of my thighs but only between my legs where the labia meets the thigh. so i guess that would be considered on my vaginal area

• Tina Tuesday, July 17, 2007, 3:23 pm

Hi, i just thought i would say that i also have stretch marks in my pubic area. I don’t mind though because i just trim so its not that big of a problem.

• joan Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 6:12 am

I am 37 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I was actually wondering if someone had strectch marks in the pubic area. I had never heard of it before and my husband has not noticed them because they are under hair but I also have stretch marks above that area and felt one rip. It hurts and is thicker than other stretch marks that I have gotten. I am glad to now I am not alone.

• Jessyka Monday, September 10, 2007, 6:00 pm

I do!! On big one right in the middle and now my hair doesn’t grow in the spot anymore…one of my boyfriends asked if it was a cesarean scar…eekkk, but yeah I also have load of stretch marks that outline the enire belly and extra hanging skin yet I’m a size 3….Ithought about just gianing alot of weight to help with the extra skin…a plastic surgen told me a tummy tuck would be $6,000….i wish i had the money…I just can’t perform well in the bedroom with this tummy…I have so much shame.

• Brandi Monday, October 15, 2007, 7:24 pm

I do too. I am so relieved that im not the only one. I have been developing more & more stretch marks throughout the last year! It is very depressing, but you cant do anything about them ! I have them on my breasts, stomach, pubic area, legs, hips, lower back, and now on my upper arms ! I HATE THEM !!! GRRR ! & the worst part is ive never been pregnant & only 20 years old ! i gained over 30 lbs this last year so im sure that has something to do with them !

• Luci Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 9:16 pm

It is so nice to hear I am not the only one. I was so damn itchy down there, thought I had a yeast infection. Got fed up and shaved myself down, and low and behold there the striae were! labia and all! AH!

• moonlite Tuesday, June 29, 2010, 3:00 pm

I have them too, from under the belly button to the inside of My pubis and God does it itch

• Boo Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 7:55 am

Was just thinking about this question as I have stretch marks down there as well as on my belly, hips, thighs, lower back and back of my knees. I didn’t notice the ones under my pubic hair until after I had my little boy at the age of 18 as well I kinda couldn’t see down there lol! It’s kind of nice to know there are other chicks out there that had the same worries about being the only one… But look at that! We aren’t alone!!! Only stretch marks that I had a problem with were the ones on my belly they would get so itchy I would be in tears the only way I could make them stop itching was to go for a hot shower. Girls don’t scratch it makes it worse! Hot showers and moisterizers !!!

• Kaylie Thursday, August 30, 2012, 11:46 am

I too have them! I got them with my first born who is 10 now. My boyfriend (who’s not the father of my child) doesn’t mind them at all but I do! They’re deep and wide. It’s hard to feel sexy when you have stretch marks on your tummy and your vjay :-/ I wonder… Is there a way to remove them?? It’s so nice to know that I’m not the only one with them :)

• jess Thursday, November 22, 2012, 11:33 am

never saw them until the babe came. and with the hormone change, the hair is getting scarcer. I see those expensive creams and a part of me wants to fix it… I know my partner is thinking and hoping I will just bounce back to hotness; but a big, sexy, strong part of me is proud of those scars. I kicked pregnancy’s ass.