I did a thing, you guys. And it will make all your dreams come true!
You know how every morning, you sit at your kitchen table with your cereal and you’re just like “wow. i wish i were getting emails about what’s going on with SOAM these days”?
WELL NOW YOU CAN!
You’ll get emails about twice a month keeping you up to date with SOAM happenings. And since this is our anniversary year, there are a ton of happenings! Photo projects, contests, a collab video, vlogs, book clubs- a ton of stuff you don’t want to miss!
See the menu bar at the top of this (and every) page? Click on “Mailing List” to go to the form to fill out. (I am not sure yet if this works on mobile – if you don’t have access to a computer, don’t worry, I’ll be working on a reliable mobile way to join soon!)
If you head over to our Facebook page there is a tab at the top where you can add yourself to our mailing list. (This definitely only works on desktop as of right now, not mobile- sorry!)
This is new to me so lmk if there are any issues and I’ll sort it as quick as I can.
Go sign up! Yayayayay!
I found out I was pregnant just before Christmas, after a few weeks of morning sickness and painful cramps. But I unfortunately made the decision to have a termination due to many different factors in my life and haven’t told anybody about it apart from my boyfriend. We’ve been together now for over two and a half years and he’s been so supportive with everything. I can talk to Him about anything but I feel embarrassed, guilty and very selfish about what I’ve done and have started to fall into a sort of depression. My older sister found out she was expecting a few weeks before I did and seeing her go through this experience when I could have been as well is killing me. I know it’s my own fault but it was the right decision for us both at the time. I just want my angel to know that I am so sorry for everything that has happened I know that doesn’t make up for what I have done, but I will love you forever.
I was just in need of some support or advice
You guys. You guys. Can you believe SOAM is turning TEN this year? I am working hard to make some really exciting things happen this year in celebration. I’ll share more news very soon, but for right now here’s a summary of how you can participate and stay updated.
1. You can submit your story here at SOAM. You’ll find everything you need to know about that at this page (also in the menu bar above).
2. You can join in our #soamweeklyphoto. We’ve just finished January and it was a ton of fun. More information at the link (also also in the menu bar above).
3. You can join my BRAND SPANKING NEW mailing list! I plan to send out emails about twice a month hightailing posts and events at SOAM as well as keeping you up to date with things that are happening and future plans. There’s a form in the sidebar over there. Go sign up!
4. I’m planning to host one or two book club read-alongs over the summer. Potential titles are The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf, and Women Who Run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Got an idea for a book to add? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
And here’s the big teaser…
5. You will be able to participate in a special anniversary video celebrating our first decade on the web! I’ll have more details on that very soon, but in the mean time, spread the word and start thinking about it.
Last, but not least…
6. Contests and prizes! I am planning tons of contests and prizes for this year. Stay tuned to find out how to participate! If you are a WAHM and/or would like to donate prizes, please email me at email@example.com
TEN. YEARS. I cannot even.